About the School
The University of Edinburgh Business School, is part of the University of Edinburgh, and benefits from a rich heritage with the University having delivered education for more than 400 years.
The School offers undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education courses in business and management, and provides a platform for research, discussion and debate on a wide range of business issues.
The Business School’s postgraduate offering focuses on core areas of business such as: Finance, Marketing, HR, Management and Leadership, Analytics, Entrepreneurship and Carbon Finance. The Schools postgraduate programmes combine academic theory and industry practice so that our qualifications increase knowledge, understanding and skill. They’re hugely respected by employers and highly sought after by graduates. Each of our programmes is taught by skilled academics, many of whom take their place among the leaders in their field.
- University of Edinburgh is ranked 19th in the world by QS (2015).
- Employability is high, for example, our Management MSc seeing 84% of graduates finding a job within 3 months of graduating and 89% of our MBA students.
- This year, there are students from over 60 nationalities studying for a postgraduate. A great opportunity to learn from others.
- The School is triple accredited: AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. Giving you reassurance of quality.
- A 90-strong teaching faculty representing a substantial body of experience; many are active in industry-based research and consultancy.
- In addition, it is a fun place to live being host to one of the biggest festivals in the world and also having been voted one of the most beautiful cities in the world (4th by Lonely Planet in 2014).
Entry Requirements for Postgraduate Courses
Minimum academic requirements
The usual minimum requirement is a good undergraduate degree (equivalent to 2:1 UK honours degree) from a good university. Depending on the Masters course you are applying to there may be requirements for your undergraduate degree to be in a specific subject.
For our MBA courses students will also be required to have work experience – 3 years being the minimum. English Language
We require all applicants to meet one of the following English language requirements:
- You are a national of a majority English-speaking country as defined by the Home Office
- You have completed an academic qualification at least equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree, which was taught in a majority English-speaking country.
- You have or will have achieved a minimum required score in one of our accepted Secure English Language Tests.
For full details please complete the enquiry form.