Muscat University is the newest University in the Middle East having received its formal license to operate from the Oman Ministry of Higher Education in October 2016.
The University has been established with the assistance of Oxford University Innovation Group with a view to becoming the leading provider of Higher Level education in the region. The University is partnered with two premier UK institutions, Aston University for Bachelors programmes and Cranfield University for Masters programmes.
Students at Muscat University will benefit from brand new facilities at our state of the art multi-million dollar building in the centre of the city, opening in summer 2017.
The University will initially offer 10 programs through our three faculties from September 2017.
General Foundation Program
Faculty of Business and Management
Bachelor of Science Accounting for Management – with Aston University
Masters of Science Finance & Management – with Cranfield University
Masters of Science Management & Entrepreneurship – with Cranfield University
Faculty of Engineering & Technology
Bachelor of Engineering Chemical Engineering – with Aston University
Masters of Science Energy Systems & Thermal Processes – with Cranfield University
Masters of Science Process Systems Engineering – with Cranfield University
Faculty of Transport & Logistics
Bachelor of Science Logistics with Supply Chain Management – with Aston University
Masters of Science Logistics and Supply Chain Management – with Cranfield University
Executive Masters of Science Air Transport Management – with Cranfield University
Aston University: our partner for undergraduate programmes
- Aston aims to be the UKs leading University for Business and the Professions
- Ranked 2nd in the UK for educational quality by the Times Higher Education Teaching Excellence Framework
- Overall student satisfaction ratings of 90%
- Consistently placed in the top 30 for graduate prospects
- A five-star rating for excellence in teaching, employability, innovation, facilities, inclusiveness, and internationalisation by global higher education consultants, QS Intelligence Unit
Cranfield University: our partner for postgraduate programmes
- Cranfield is an exclusively postgraduate institution
- Degree programmes which are set up and reviewed by members of the industry
- Top 4 in the UK for commercial research, consultancy, and professional development
- No 1 best business for school student satisfaction outside the USA
- Unrivalled industry partners such as British Airways, Jaguar Land Rover, Shell and BAE Systems
- A professional network of over 60,000 alumni.
Studying in Muscat offers you an experience you will never forget! The city of Muscat, with a population of approximately 850,000, prides itself on combining a distinctly Middle Eastern feel with all the hallmarks of a modern, forward-thinking city. Grand mosques lie side-by-side with modern shopping malls and Western restaurants and modern amenities can be found alongside traditional ways of life. You will notice a harmony and balance between the modern and the traditional that you simply can’t find elsewhere.
As a student in Muscat one of the first things you will notice is the warmth and hospitality of the people. The Omani people are open and tolerant and you will feel at home in no time at all. You will also notice just how multicultural Muscat is and during your stay you will get to be a part of Muscat’s truly cosmopolitan society and experience why Oman is ranked in the top 10 countries to visit in 2017 by Lonely Planet.
For those of you who like the great outdoors, Muscat offers you the chance to go snorkeling or diving off Oman’s 1200km coastline, trek into the mountains for an adventure off the beaten track, go camping or quad biking in the desert, go shopping for big name brands in the world class shopping malls, visit spectacular mosques and museums or simply relax on the beach with friends. Muscat has it all!
Studying in Muscat is convenient and hassle-free. There is almost no crime so you have peace of mind wherever you go, the city is easy to get around with excellent infrastructure. The airport is only 10 minutes from the city centre and connections to the region are excellent. Muscat is only an hour away by air from Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Jeddah and Kuwait City. With regular direct flights from major airlines, connections to London, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Paris and Mumbai are readily available!